Saturday 2 January 2016

thought twentysix: It's been a while.


Wow. I'm back. When did I last write on here? 

I found an old post asking some big life questions. I thought it would be fun to revisit them and see how much things have changed...
 
When was the last time you tried something new?
I've recently started Bible Journaling. I am in to it in a MASSIVE way. Who knew that opening the Bible could be so ridiculously creative and fun!

Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

Other Mums. Being a first time/new time mummy is really tough. I find myself thinking "Am I feeding him the right things?" "Is he not walking because I'm not trying hard enough?" "Does he watch too much TV?" "Oh, look at that mum, she's just had a baby and is thinner than me!" Such a bad habit. 


What gets you excited about life?
Travel. New foods. New cafes and cute little places. Being creative. Splashing a white sheet with colour and turning it into something pretty.


What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
Patience. The first three months of Alex's life (my one year old son) were a test of patience, determination and love through sleep deprivation.  


What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
Making a cup of tea whilst holding a baby. That is a definite skill I have mastered over this year. 


What makes you smile?
Alex. Gosh he's hilarious. He doesn't crawl he butt-shuffles very quickly. He pulls a face showing his teeth when he gets excited about something. He wiggles his arms like Wallace from 'Wallace and Grommit' when he's watching Peppa Pig. He just makes me happy.
If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would worry a lot less and live a lot more. Life's too short for stress. 

Loving the world of Bible Journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment